Bill Holsinger-Robinson (Board Member since 2016, former board co-chair) has spent the past 20+ years of his career focused on developing, supporting, and building capacity for design and innovation communities across the United States. He’s supported entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial organizations through business model design, deep community engagement and the development of educational curriculum using the tools of Design Thinking.
Examples of this work include:
– Pomegranate Studios, a business incubator focused on web-enabled business, social entrepreneurship and empowering individual voices through technology, where he served as President.
– ArtPrize, the world’s largest and most radically open art competition, where Bill served as the Founding Executive Director.
– Endowed Chair for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, where his goal was to promote and encourage entrepreneurship and innovative thinking from a liberal arts foundation and perspective at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, MI.
– Furtherdº, a purpose-driven design strategy and consulting agency focused on helping individuals, teams, and organizations create impact in their businesses and communities. Furtherdº has served a wide variety of organizations including Steelcase, Herman Miller, IIT Institute of Design, Ford, and IDEO.
– And, currently Lead of New Futures Lab, a design-lead team, focused on delivering long-term growth strategies through continuous innovation, to accelerate sustainable business transformation at a 70 year old family owned food packaging company – Fabri-Kal. Through this work, the new futures team works on the opportunities and challenges of Food Mobility – the sustainable and equitable movement of nutrients through communities, from cultivation through consumption and value recovery.
Bill’s work has been driven by an intrinsic desire to build stronger, more resilient, and forward-thinking organizations and communities.